SaladBox Unboxing : January - February 2014


Finally, finally!

THE. BOX. FINALLY. ARRIVED.

My first box of the 3-month subscription from Saladbox arrived today after almost ten weeks of waiting. Before we go to the much awaited unveiling of the box, let me tell you my first impression of Saladbox

Saladbox is the very first beauty subscription in the Philippines and I've read very good reviews about them in 2012 and the first half of 2013. So I made up my mind that I will get one as soon as I can.


The regular box cost P500 but last November, I subscribed to Saladbox Starter Plus Plan - Black Friday 2013 Promo for Php900.00 for a 3-month subscription. I was under the impression from their advertisements (on their website and FB page)  that I would get the December 2013 box but no! No, no, no! I am a virtual administrative assistant and I understand too well the mad Christmas rush so I waited. How I waited! 

So after a couple of email exchanges, I was let known that I'm in line for the Jan 2014 box (the December boxes were already sold out) which of course they didn't tell me when they received my payment. That got me disappointed. January came and went, still no box. First week of February, still no box. Second week, still no box in sight. I'm almost at the point of wanting to get my money back, but then, I wanted to give Saladbox a chance to redeem itself.

Oh, well. Moving on.

As I was saying, I received two packages today and in my excitement, I forgot to take a picture. One is larger and heavier, and the other one, almost half the size and weight. I'm not the save-the-best-for-last kind of girl (at least for presents and things in the mail), so I opened the larger one. Good news first.

(Drumroll, please!)

Okay. Stop.

It's not my Saladbox. It's from another subscription box which I ordered two days ago. 

The Saladbox is the smaller one. When I opened it, voila!




The back of the curation card with the list of contents. I noticed that the Missha Pure Source Sheet Mask in Honey was not included in the curation list.  I wonder why. Either they missed this typographical error or they just threw in the mask as an afterthought.


And there's another card explaining the delay of the boxes, sort of, stating that January-February 2014 Salad box is equivalent to one subscription only and that future Saladboxes will be delivered in the sample month.

 If I understand this correctly, the March 2014 Saladbox will be delivered in March and April Box will be in April, etc. (Mental note to self: email them to confirm.)

Now for the real deal, let's  check them out according to my level of excitement with the item.

Missha Pure Source Sheet Mask in Honey (1 pack)

I'm a sucker for facial moisturizers so Missha's 100% Pure Cotton Sheet Mask in Honey surely caught my attention. Missha masks are with serum derived from natural ingredients. 

Missha Pure Source Sheet Mask in Honey (1 pack)


Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 
and
Paula's Choice RESIST

I also liked Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting (Exfoliant) and Paula's Choice RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer (Moisturizer). What won me over? It says Color and Fragrance Free. The down side is, both are sachet samples which are good for one-time use only.


Clou Nail Beads
I'm not a fan of nail art, though I like getting fancy mani and pedi once in a while. But this could be an opportunity to learn nail art on my own. Hmmm, we'll see.


Total cost of the box - more or less Php1,014.05.
  1. Clou Spring Collection 2014 Pearl Beads (10g) - Full Size  Php450
  2. Clou Sparkle Sands (10g) - Full Size Php390
  3. Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting (Full Size 3.3 oz Php1,120 | Sample 0.1 floz Php33.93)
  4. Paula's Choice RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer (Full Size Php1420 | Sample 0.06 ml Php50.12 ) 
  5. Missha Pure Source Sheet Mask in Honey (1 pack) - Missha website $2.00 | Php90

My Conclusion:

For a Php300 per box (3-month subscription) for the Black Friday deal, getting more than Php1,000 is not so bad. I'm just disappointed that this Saladbox splurged on nail art beads that are too expensive for my taste. It would have made me happier if the box contained more of the Missha or Paula's Choice items.

I suppose Saladbox and I started on a wrong foot (certainly not mine!) and I'm giving them two more boxes to redeem themselves. The worst thing that you can do to a customer is to keep them waiting. I hope Saladbox will keep their promise of sending the box on time. Two more boxes to go.

So are you subscribed to Saladbox, too? What do you think of this box? If you are new to subscription boxes, check out the Saladbox website!


Website: http://www.saladbox.com.ph/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Saladbox


Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. I would love to read your comments and suggestions! Have a wonderful day=) xoxo

Previous Post Next Post