Mr. Kimbob's SIGNATURE DISH "Bibimbob"! : My First Taste of Korean Food

 Most often than not, I eat out. That's the downside of being single and a VA at the same time. Home cooking for one could be a hassle sometimes so I just go out and grab some fast food burger, fries and soda.

Ikr. Unhealthy.

So yesterday when I went to SM-Calamba looking for a gold-tipped Sharpie pen (I have to start nail art somewhere) and a camera repair center.

I went up to the Food Court because it connects to the footbridge going to Calamba Crossing. Too bad I wasn't able to get a picture:( Anyway, I was hungry and saw Mr. KimBob. Aside from having the longest queue of customers, Mr. Kimbob got my attention because their service crews are calling everyone and offering their printed menus to all passersby, like hawking in the local market, which is not bad at all. I call it marketing strategy.

I ask one of the crew what is their bestseller and she recommended their bibimbap called Bibimbob.

According to wiki,
Bibimbap (비빔밥, Korean pronunciation: [pibimbap], sometimes anglicized bi bim bap or bi bim bop) is a signature Korean dish. The word literally means "mixed rice"Bibimbap is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with namul (sautéed and seasoned vegetables) and gochujang (chili pepper paste). A raw or fried egg and sliced meat (usually beef) are common additions. The ingredients are stirred together thoroughly just before eating. It is best served hot.

There are three choices: pork, chicken, or beef. My meat of choice is beef. There are five kinds of steamed vegetables: mung sprouts (togue), cabbage (repolyo), carrots, chayote or vegetable pear (sayote), and another vegetable which I don't know the name.

Regular Size Bibimbob is only Php99.00 (Large serving costs Php119.00)  but I added Php20.00 for my kimchi rice instead of plain. It is topped with a perfect sunny side up egg and served on a sizzling plate and their special Korean chilli sauce.

Again, forgive the photo ;) There is a paper guard around the sizzling plate. There is a warning NOT to remove the paper to avoid scalding. Bibimbob is really served very, very hot!Also, there is a written instruction on how to eat bibimbap properly, which is to mix everything.

Also, I also ordered a side dish of Fried Dumplings.

All in all, I was very satisfied with the serving and I love everything with chilli. This is my first time to eat bibimbap and I love it. It is certainly a Korean Health Food since nothing is fried and it is already a complete meal : carbs, protein, and vegetables. The taste is not boring, too! I'm definitely going to go back, there are still a lot to try in the menu.

Tell me, have you tried Mr. Kimbob's Bibimbob yet? You can check Mr. Kimbob's Website to know more! They are located at SM's Food Court.


Don't Forget to Subscribe to Get the Latest Updates!




7 Comments

Thanks for reading. I would love to read your comments and suggestions! Have a wonderful day=) xoxo

  1. There are a lot of Korean restaurants along Makati and I've always wanted to try Bibimbap,but sometimes it is intimidating to eat there because it might be that pricey. This Bibmbob is really reasonable and you can eat Korean dishes at a "pang-masa' price. Do they have stalls in SM North EDSA Foodcourt? Gotta try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nagutom naman ako bigla! haha..I will definitely eat there and try their Bibimbob when i got back home in the Philippines. My sisters loves Korean food, I'm sure they'll enjoy it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this once at their Megamall store. I like that the items on the menu are reasonably priced. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! I always see this one in SM malls but since I am a lover of Japanese fast food (Tokyo Bubble Tea, Yoshinoya, Tokyo Tokyo), I hardly try this. Thanks for this, I might soon try one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. This was also my first try of Korean food. I'd like to explore on more :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not tried any Korean food. I would surely love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me hungry. The price is really reasonable too!

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post